Sunday, September 30, 2007

a little more about .....a lot!

Well, as you all probably noticed by now from the pretty picture, I am from the Dominican Republic. I came to the U.S. two years ago, with plans of getting a degree and going back to my little, pretty island. Hopefully, I'll graduate on time and actually be able to do that soon. I don't know if you noticed but my country is indeed nice. I know I am probably ethnocentric by saying this..but IT IS THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!! ok..Now that I got that out of my system...I am aware that my country has problems in like almost all areas one could possibly think off: educational, health, governmental, environmental, etc. I am here in the U.S because the President of my country figured that if a good amount of dominican students (# ranging around the thousands) would go to different developed countries and get a worth while education in specificly needed fields, and go back to Dominican Republic to apply that knowledge; then the country would have a more prepared human resource to help with organizing and changing some stuff. Will see how all of that goes...ask me in about 15 years.

1 comment:

Mariya said...

OH MY GOD! I love love love Dominican Republic. Well, let me put it like this, I love going on vacation there. It is honestly the most relaxing place i have ever been, I think it is extremely cool you are from there!

xoxo